Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Memories

Oh, how I love Christmas. The decorations, the food, the music, gift giving, singing Christmas carols at church, watchin my kids get more excited by the day, I just adore it all. It is something that I look forward to every year and have since I was a little girl. The celebration of Christmas was always such a special time in my family and there are traditions I enjoyed as a child that I still keep within my own family that bring such a warmth to my heart as I remember how special it was being a little girl at Christmas time. As the day draws near Christmas memories tend to flood my heart. I usually wake up so much earlier during the month of December and during these quiet moments with the lights twinkling on the Christmas tree before the hustle of the day begins I think of all those special Christmas pasts that were shared with someone who is no longer with me. Yesterday those memories flooded my mind as I drank my morning cup of coffee out of this cup.....

I love this cup and only drink out of it at Christmas time. If you notice the little ornament on the handle, it spins and a certain little boy who was also an early riser would scoot over to me as I would sit on the floor in front of the tree and would spin this ornament on his tongue. He was relentless in trying to get to this cup and would love it if I happened to leave my empty cup on the floor so he could spin and spin. He also loved the ornaments on the tree and had a few favorites, one being these little bells...

They hang perfectly now so I can see them from my kitchen and I can be reminded of my boy who now spends his Christmas in the arms of our Savior. Oh how I miss Christmas without him and am so thankful that as the memories flood, I can smile knowing that one day we will spend Christmas together again.





1 comment:

Football and Fried Rice said...

I love that you still have th coffee cup that your sweet Connor once loved!!