Monday, December 10, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving has come and gone and we are in the middle of preparations for Christmas but I realized that I had not posted a Thanksgiving update. Our Thanksgiving was lots of fun. Cody and Grace for out of school for the entire week of Thanksgiving. It was fun having them home however there was some entertainment required which is hard when one is preparing for Thanksgiving. We did manage to get out to the zoo with my sister early in the week and enjoyed seeing the animals at our local zoo. Of course Emily loved all of the animals as did Grace. Cody on the other hand is not fond of birds and there were lots of them throughout the zoo so he was eager to leave. It was fun to get out and enjoy the beautiful Florida weather as well as spending the day with my sister and my nephews.
Thanksgiving was not a traditional one this year in that we spent the holiday at a local beach front resort. Mike's parents treated our family to a couple of days at the beach. I spent Thanksgiving morning running on the beach and we enjoyed the resort activities with the kids and then ended the day with a Thanksgiving dinner in one of our condos. Cody and Grace LOVED the indoor play area as well as the awesome pool area and gigantic water slide. Emily enjoy a little kiddie area at the pool. Although, I love tradition and enjoy being at home for holiday events this Thanksgiving was one of the least stressful ones that I have had in a very long time.
After stuffing ourselves we made the 15 minute trip home to host my best friend, Lissa and her husband Jay for the evening. What an enjoyable time it was seeing them. Cody, Grace and Emily were so excited to see Aunt Lissa and Mr. Jay and were so sad when they had to leave. Cody kept Jay busy showing him all of his computer roller coaster creations while the girls competed for his attention as well. Grace cozied up to Aunt Lissa after a couple of hours as did Emily. It was a perfect ending to the holiday weekend although our time with them was much too short.
As we gave thanks this year, I realized just how much for which I have to be thankful. God has blessed me beyond my imagination. I love being a child of God and enjoying the benefits of having my Heavenly Father lavish His goodness upon me. I pray that I always maintain an attitude of Thanksgiving throughout the year for what I have been given

No comments: