Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sunday Brunch: Triple Berry Coffee Cake

I love Breakfast and Brunch. It is my most favorite meal of the day. Although I don't get to do it as often as I would like, I enjoy trying new recipes on the weekends and love it when I can share these dishes with family, friends and co-workers. This weekend I had the opportunity to finally try this delicious Triple Berry Coffee Cake.....
It was amazingly easy which was an added bonus. In a moment of weakness I abandoned South Beach and savored a few small bites of this wonderful morning treat (would also make a great dessert too) and had an idea of creating a continuing Sunday post to include some of my favorite breakfast and brunch recipes so here you go. ENJOY!
Triple Berry Coffee Cake
2 boxes of Krusteaz coffee cake mix
2 cups of frozen triple berry mix (any berries will work)
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix the two packages of white batter mixes with the needed eggs and water. Add 2 cups of frozen fruit and blend into batter. Grease and flour a bundt pan. (I just used Pam Spray for baking) Pour half of the batter in the bottom of the pan, add one package of cinnamon mixture from the box, take a knife and swirl into the batter. Pour remaining batter into pan and sprinkle with second package of cinnamon and swirl into batter. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake for one hour.
Can be baked the night before and warmed in the microwave. Brew of cup of strong coffee and savor the deliciousness!
Have a blessed Sunday!

No comments: