Thursday, January 5, 2012

Celebrating Joshua

On Tuesday we celebrated one year of our brown-eyed boys birth into our family. Sometimes it seems like it was just yesterday while most of the time I feel the weight of a long year and it seems like forever. I love remembering my journeys to China. Those tender weeks of getting know your babies are priceless time. A moment where the hope and dream of holding your son or daughter for the first time becomes real are often placed into the recesses of ones mind once we arrive home and life begins. How encouraging and sweet it is for this mama to dwell if only for a day on a special time when a spicy little China boy blew into my life and left me with a joy that was beyond explanation.
A nervous and very jet-lagged mama
Daddy looking a little more confident
I see him for the first time
Holding him for the first time and him checking out my red lips
We are a family....


Back in the hotel room...already hamming it up




SO VERY THANKFUL!!!!

2 comments:

Jodee said...

What a sweet post! It must have been love at first sight! He is just precious!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Football and Fried Rice said...

I remember it like it was yesterday!! I could not WAIT for you to get your arms around that boy!! Happy one year!!