Friday, June 25, 2010

Future Planning via Grace

One of the reasons I blog is so that I might keep a record of all the happenings of our family. I gave up scrapbooking and journaling along about the time our Connor was born. There was just too many things to do during the day and hours of pasting pictures and journal into albums in a cute fashion was the first thing to go. Then along came blogging....a place where I could write and keep a track of all those special moments in my little world. I try to stay caught up with all of our events but I have to admit that often times my kids say and do things that I let slip through the cracks and those memories get lost in the sea of my forgetfulness. I have decided that I am going make better attempts at making notes of all those things that I know I and my children will treasure as we grow older.
Well, one of those moments happened the other day while Mike was driving with the girls in the car. Emily and Grace were sitting in the back chatting away, as usual. They are truly chatty girls and love to plan for the future. Mike came home with a smile on his face and couldn't wait to inform me of my oldest daughters future plans. Oh I love it that she is thinking to the future so here is what she sees her life like when she "grows up".
First of all she will live near her mom and dad so that she can come and visit alot. Next she will have lots of animals including horses. She will be a veterinarian, caring for all types of animals. She and Emily will also own an ice cream shop but Grace will be the "boss". Grace will close the ice cream shop each week for me and Mike so that we can have our Bible Studies and Small Group Meetings in her shop where she and Emily will serve us all ice cream, free of charge. In addition to this busy life she also wants to have a family and be a mom. All I can say is WOW WOW WOW! My girl has a great life planned and I am praying everyday that she will be a girl who always seeks God's direction for that future, I ask Him to protect her little heart and mind. May her heart and body always remain full of purity and innocence and may God grant her every desire of that little heart. I am so blessed to call her my daughter!





1 comment:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Isn't she perfect? It's funny how God knew JUST what you needed when He sent you Grace!!