Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happy 4th of July

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. Don't really know why, I just love celebrating in a patriotic way. The whole day is full of faith, family and being reminded that the USA is the greatest place to live in the world.

This year we were kind of low key and I have to admit I missed being with family on this special day. I did make some yummy food and abandoned the healthy eating for a meal and savored the bbq pork ribs, Pioneer Woman's Brisket, Potato Casserole, Baked Beans and Dressed-up Coleslaw and to top it all off Pioneer Woman's Peach Crisp with Ice Cream for dessert. We caught some of the fireworks sitting on our patio and then when it started raining we took a drive to a spot where we we able to see the later half of the show from our car. All in all it was a great day!










1 comment:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Darling dresses for the girlies!! I am still loving their hair cuts - precious!!!