Wednesday, December 9, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things!

I just love it when I discover some special treasures through someone's blog so I thought I would share a few books that I found this year that have made the anticipation of Christmas more special for our family.
Each year I recieve the Southern Living Christmas Edition and I will have to admit that for the past couple of years I haven't enjoyed it but this year's issue is great...lots of beautiful decorating ideas and recipes that look yummy.
I picked this up at Barnes and Noble because I was looking for some nice Christmas reading. I love Max Lucado and his ability to capture the true essence of Christmas in these stories was so beautiful.


I am not very creative and given that we are not going to be sharing Christmas this year with our family I was searching for some Traditions that we could establish as a family that we would cherish and love. This book is chocked full of wonderful ideas to make the celebration more meaningful and special for your family.


I have had this book for quite a while but with the busyness of Christmas I never had the time to do this as a family. We have done the first two Sundays of advent and they have been so incredibly special. There are devotions, hymns and special activities for the kids.


No comments: