Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve in Colorado

Christmas Eve was such a nice evening as we celebrated quietly with our family. From the moment I awoke I knew that this celebration was going to be very different than any other Christmas Eve. The day didn't hold anything overly special and we didn't begin any new traditions as I had hoped but our night was very worshipful which I will treasure.


Our celebration began with attending a Christmas Eve Service at our church. It was a beautiful time of praise and worship and preparing our hearts for celebrating the remembrance of what our God did for us on this special holiday.



Of course I had to snap a few photo's of the kids dressed in the Christmas outfits.











I love to duplicate certain photo's each year on special days and this is an attempt to take the same picture that I took of Cody and Emily on Emily's first Christmas with us. It didn't turn out just like the one 2 years ago but I thought this one was cute.


After church we came home and I began preparing our dinner of Beef Tenderloin, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans and Mixed Green Salad with Walnuts and Cranberries. We enjoyed a Toffee Tiramusu Cake for Dessert that was sinfully delicious. While I was cooking the girls made a few phone calls to FL.





Dinner turned out yummy and was a hit with everyone which is a rare feat in our house.







Our after dinner festivities began with the opening of the Chatty Girl book exchange gift. Each year The Chatty Girls exchange names for a book and we enjoy opening the book to see who sent us the gift. This year Grace was included in the exchange. It is such a special tradition that I think all the Chatties love.






Grace receive a very special book from Grace




And Emily received a wonderful winter story from Bekah


,


We then opened our gifts sent from our family back in FL.

Our kids, like most, love opening gifts and were so excited to receive such special and thoughtful presents from all those who love, adore and miss them in FL.


Emily adored a little guinea pig

Of course there was a Breyer Horse for Grace



The girls each got digital cameras so they can take photo's like their mama



Melissa and Doug food (we got cookies and cupcakes) was such a hit with the girls as was a tea set in a picnic basket



Cody couldn't wait to load his itunes gift cards and his Flip Camera has been going non-stop since he opened it and much to his delight he found all his requested books under the tree.




The night ended on such a warm note as we lit the last Advent candle and sang Joy to the World. I had wanted to read The Night Before Christmas and "Guess Whose Coming to Our House" but the night escaped and the kids were tired before I had a chance to read. As we were snuggled in our warm beds with "visions of sugar plums dancing in our heads" I counted my blessings that for the first time since Cody was born I wasn't going to be up all night assembling a last minute gift.

1 comment:

3 Peanuts said...

Looks like a beautiful Christmas:)