Friday, May 28, 2010

13...where did the time go?

On May 22, I officially became the mom of a teenager. My first-born celebrated 13 years of life and what a beautiful ride these past 13 years have been. Cody's birth and presence in our family is such a miracle....a work of God that unfolds each and every day of his life. I was able to spend 3 years with him before our second son was born and have been reminded over the past few weeks how precious that time was. After waiting for many years for God to make me a mommy I soaked in every moment with Cody during those early years. He filled our life with indescribable joy.

These 13 years have not always been easy for Cody, in fact he has walked many roads that a child should never have to travel but has done so and absorbed it all with such an accepting attitude. He is my deeply passionate kid...everything he does and feels is intense. He thinks so deeply and cannot be satisfied with surface. He demands explanation and takes nothing without feeling the truth deep in his heart. He is highly emotional and loves so deeply. Little did I know that 13 years ago when he was placed in my arms that he would bring so much passion into my life. He keeps me on my toes. He is bright minded, has amazing creativity and thought processes that amaze me and I pray today and everyday that He will forever be a man after God's own heart, that he will follow his talent and passion as that intersects with the incredible things that I know God has awaiting him. I ask God to protect his heart and allow him to see the goodness of life and that although life doesn't always play out like we think it will, God still makes a way for incredibly beautiful things to unfold. So, as my #1 son officially enters manhood may I always be passionate about expressing my love and appreciation for him, may my amazement at who he is becoming as a man overwhelm me with pride and may he always know how so very precious he is in the sight of the one who made him.

Happy Birthday to Cody, I love you "to Pluto and back"!

My first moments with my new son.
Happy Daddy!









Fascinated with the lips, already he has amassed quite the library...a sign of things to come. He is my reader.



Had to throw this one in with my alma mater's hat....today, he tells me he wants to follow in my footsteps and go to Samford....I couldn't be happier plus his Aunt Lissa and Mr. Jay could keep and eye on him if he makes his way to B'ham.

First day of Kindergarten

He loved Tae Kwon Do

One of my favorite pics of all time....Oh he will be such a good little Sigma Chi
Video Games......his greatest passion and my nemesisMagic Basketball I love this one...reveals his occasional softness



No comments: