Saturday, January 23, 2010

Webcams, Basketball, Computer Viruses, Laundry, Dirty Dishes and More Laundry!

So what do all these things have in common.....absolutely nothing other than they sum up my life over the past couple of weeks. Yes, I know, my life is so glamorous. (Hee Hee!) Speaking of glamorous check out my glamour girl sporting my sunglasses. I found this picture while going through some of my pics the other day.


My girls absolutely love accessories especially the sunglasses. Funny thing is they seem to only like mine. Well, back to my glam of a life. We entered the world of Skype last week and my kids love it although I am not so sure I care for having to sit in one place while I am talking. But I have to admit it has been wonderful seeing faces of my mom, dad, sister and neices and nephews when we talk and Cody had a blast seeing and chatting with his friend Cole last night. We took a break from webcam fun to take in our first Denver Nuggets Basketball game. They were playing The Orlando Magic so guess who we cheered for? Of course, THE MAGIC! Although, we quickly realized that since we were seated in the middle of some very verbal and shall I say passionate Nugget fans we better cheer silently. Emily loved her first NBA game and affectionately referred to the Orlando players as "the Magic boys". The game was a fun outing but I have to say that my kids got an ear full of filthy language and an eye full of barely dressed "cheerleaders". Double UGH!!!!


Back at home left us computerless as a virus decided to attached itself to my computer so I was out of commission for a few days as it got some well-deserved R&R at the computer hospital and all the while the laundry multiplied along with the dirty dishes despite my bravest attempts to end the cycle of multiplication.
So that's about it for us. Not too thrilling on a daily basis but there are some exciting waves flowing through the life of our family that make those boring days of routine mixed with large doses of chaos worth the ride. Some excitement for me is that Danielle will be working her magic once again on a new blog design for Emily Makes 6 which will include some additions that are sure to make our blog more complete. I can't wait to see what she does but while she waves her wand of creativity over our blog I have decided to make our blog private. I really don't know how many visitors we have but for those of you who do stop by and check in on our family I wanted you to know that we will only be private for a short period of time. When Danielle completes her work I will make it open again. As always, thanks for spending a little time with us, I am so glad you stopped by. See you again soon!

2 comments:

KT said...

I love stopping by and checking on my sweet friend. I love knowing how to pray for you. Especially since we have similar struggles and goals for the year. Blessings.
Katie

Football and Fried Rice said...

i LOVE the new blog design by the way!!