Friday, March 21, 2008

Miracles In Every Moment



















WOW! Where does the time go? It truly seems as though life passes us by in the blink of an eye. The Minot's have been busy, busy, busy since I last posted. School events have literally swallowed us up during the past few months. From Winter Wonderland Celebrations to Valentines Day to International Children's Day and with teacher birthdays and a few sick days and the frequent trips to the orthodontist (for me) we have been swamped. I really detest being so active that life becomes a blur. When our lives are so full of "stuff" we lose the ability to soak in the "miracles of each moment", which is a phrase that I am borrowing from a song on my new favorite CD by Steven Curtis Chapman, "This Moment". I love how music can strengthen, empower and make one contemplate a vast array of emotions and the songs on this CD do just that. I have been challenged through listening to the CD to notice and enjoy each moment of life, to surrender all that I am to a God who treasures me and to know that I AM changing the world, a heartbeat at a time.

I do truly enjoy having moments to enjoy my husband and my kids. I find that when I stop, look and listen to them and cease all the "multi-tasking" I get a glimpse of just how wonderfully they are made and am delighted at their uniqueness and creativity. It is during those moments that I relish the fact that I am a MOM.

Well, as I said we have been busy in the recent months...so much that I am sad to say that I have lost some of those precious moments as I hurried Grace and Cody out the door for a day at school only to rush back in with an agenda that involved things like cleaning, straightening, folding etc.... This only was followed by another mad dash out the door to the school with a van full of supplies for the next event. It has been during these mad dashes that I have longed for quietness amidst the chaos. Night times have been treasured times as the quiet calm settles over our children and I listen to their hearts and try to soak in what is left of each day. God's word tells us that "children are a gift from the Lord" and I pray that you are having moments to treasure your gifts from the Lord each day. I am posting a some photos of our activities including Emily's first snow experience which she loved as well as Grace's Winter Wonderland Celebration and Emily riding her tricycle for the first time. I also included a photo of my handsome husband and good looking brother in law during a "guys trip" to Washington D.C. for the National Prayer Breakfast. It was a fun opportunity for them to get away and "have breakfast with the President". The photos posted a bit out of order but hope you enjoy them anyway.

I hope that you all are happy, well and enjoying life to the fullest.



No comments: