Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Year in Review 2012 -2013

We are just a few days away from the first day of school.  The kids have a nervous excitement as they anticipate traveling a new direction this year in school which is a topic for another post.  In order to start afresh I am going to do a year in review post.  I didn’t take a ton of photos this year but will try to bring things up to date as best as I can.

This past year found Cody in 10th Grade, Grace in  4th Grade, Emily in 2nd  and Joshua, well he started Kindergarten which lasted about a week and then we moved him back to his preschool class.  Cody, joined me at my school trying the hybrid, early college type High School, Grace and Emily remained at the same school that they had been in for 3 years and Joshua headed to a local public school which was a very disappointing experience.  He finished up the year in his preschool from the previous year.  All were incredibly blessed with wonderful teachers who loved them lots which is always an answer to this mama’s prayers.  We didn’t do much in the way of exciting things due to my working like crazy.  The highlight of our year was spending Thanksgiving with my family.  My mom, dad, sister and her family flew out and spent the unseasonably warm holiday with us.  It was so much fun to spend this time together as a family.  We enjoyed a white Christmas that was a super quiet one.  And by New Year’s I was ready to have some friends over for a party which was tons of fun. We had not hosted anyone in our home in a very long time so I was thrilled to entertain once again.  Winter wasn’t too bad this year except for the fact that it seemed to last forever so when we were still wearing winter coats and snuggling by the fire in May, this warm weather girl was not a happy camper.  We celebrated birthdays and manage to squeeze out memories that I know we will always treasure. 


You know when you find yourself is a rainy season of life all you can think about is when will this end.  You are convinced that there is nothing good to be absorbed from stormy times but as I reflect this morning I realize that while this previous year wasn’t the best there were lots of moments to treasure.  So here is our year in review…..

First Day of School 
2012-2013 School Year


Miss Newton

 Mrs. Vandewalker

The Birthday Princess.....how can she be 10 years old?


Emily on Pioneer Day

Now this is an example of my comic relief....He is like this ALL the time and loves to dress up in his sisters stuff.  This is "Hula, Hannah Montana, Cheerleader"

Daddy Daughter Dance



..

The Birthday Boy

Celebrating Medieval Day

Emily's Birthday at Trampoline World
Her best friend Isabella


Family Celebration
Grace Plays the part of Martha Washington on Patriots Day



And this was taken in May.....yes May in Colorado

After reviewing my photos I realized that Thanksgiving and Christmas need their own post so....more to come!

No comments: