Monday, May 19, 2008

Prince Caspian and a Night with the boys





On May 22 we will celebrate our #1 son, Cody's 11th birthday. In our family birthdays typically last about a week and usually consist of non-stop partying. This year proves to be no different and the celebration for Cody began last Saturday night with a trip to see the long awaited movie Prince Caspian. Cody and Mike are big C.S. Lewis fans and have been looking forward to release of the movie so he decided to celebrate with his friends with a "movie party". Mike and spent a wonderful Saturday afternoon and evening with Cody and 5 of his friends. I cannot describe how full my heart was to be surrounded by all these terrific boys and found myself thanking God throughout the evening for the boys who Cody calls friends. The boys loved the movie which was full of action and intensity and watching them devour pizzas at dinner while chatting and laughing among themselves was so refreshing to us in that they truly seemed not to mind that Mike and I were present. Driving the boys home was equally enjoyable as I had the pleasure of listening to their silliness in the back seat of my van while they used my cell phone to take incredibly silly pictures of themselves and even called a few of the girls in their class.


I couldn't have asked for a more pleasant evening and as Cody and I made our way home from dropping off the last boy at home I glanced over at him sitting next to me and don't believe that I have ever seen such joyful contentment in the face of my son. At a time of life when friendships are becoming so important and knowing that this year has been somewhat of a tough one for Cody with regards to the development of those friendship, as a mom I could not have been more proud or more happy for my son. It was truly a memorable evening.


Here are a few photo's of the boys at dinner. Aren't they a silly but handsome bunch?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to begin the birthday celebration and to end the school year!

Pam