Monday, March 25, 2013

The Shelter in the Storm

Oh “the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray” seems the story of my life these days especially when it comes keeping my blog up to date. I am constantly thinking that I will take the time to do a big catch up but somehow get distracted by the in’s and out’s as well as the to do’s of everyday life. So since today is the first day of our Spring Break and you would never believe it by looking out the window, I decided to take a moment of this cold and snowy 25rd day of March to pop on and say hello. As the cold winds blew this weekend I found myself dreaming of some warm ocean breezes. There are many things I love about Colorado, one of which is this amazing view which I soak in every day of my life
 
 
but I will have to say that around this time of year there are many more things that I dislike about Colorado living, one of which is spending Spring Break snowed in. Somehow it just seems wrong to even call it Spring Break. In fact our Emily announced today that it should be called Winter Break and I couldn’t agree more. So for those of you basking in a warm day, enjoy some for me.

Since my last post honoring my sweet sis on her birthday, we have embarked on a new school year, welcomed my family to Colorado for one of the best Thanksgivings ever, started new jobs, transitioned into new positions, made new friends while also walking through some really difficult times as a family. Life’s circumstances can sometimes dish out some really tough stuff and we have had quite the serving of hard times over the past couple of months. Situations that have been so difficult to process and work through while testing the strength of our family and faith. There are times when you just cannot fathom why you find yourself in the midst of a raging storm.  It is our human nature to become anxious, and scared when we are faced unknown circumstances.  But during that storm we can hear God saying, "I am with you, and I always will be.  I know life is hard.  So I provide relationships that refresh and sustain truths a that enable you to persevere and keep hoping, and My Spirit to guide and strengthen you.  And I Myself am always here for you."    We know that God IS our protector and that He is full of promises to be our Shelter, the cleft in the rock.  He will not just give us shelter but he IS our Shelter.
I lift my eyes to the hills....where does my help come from:
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip...he who watches over you will not slumber, indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you, the Lord is your shade at your right hand, the sun will not harm you by day nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm, he will watch over your life
The LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
And so in the midst of this storm we as a family find a place of rest, comfort and hope in the Shelter of our Lord.
 

No comments: